Lineup offers trim, drive system and range options, and the first electric SS performance model
General Motors is making full use of their Ultium Platform which enables them to build many electric vehicles off the same platform. The latest vehicle to get the “Ultium” EV treatment is the 2024 Chevy Blazer.
“The 2024 Blazer EV sets a new tone for electric SUVs, with options and intuitive technologies that help position Chevy for leadership in one of the fastest-growing EV segments,” said Scott Bell, vice president of Chevrolet. “Along with the all-new Silverado EV and Equinox EV coming next year, we are making great strides in offering more choices for zero tailpipe-emissions vehicles — choices that make switching to an EV easier than ever.”
The automaker claims the Blazer EV will achieve a range of 320 miles on a full charge and will be available in front-, rear- and all-wheel-drive configurations. More exciting than that is the announcement of multiple trims for the Blazer EV, including an SS trim, which is the first time the automaker has offered the SS trim on an electric vehicle platform. Along with the SS trim there will be a pursuit-rated Police Pursuit Vehicle (PPV) model for police fleet applications.
“The Blazer EV SS has the soul of a true sports car,” said Bell. “And while it represents the pinnacle of performance for Chevy’s EV lineup, all models offer stirring capabilities that will surprise and delight true performance devotees.”
SS stands for Super Sport and it has a long legacy for General Motors that represents performance. Offering it in the Blazer EV makes it the most performance-oriented trim offered. The 2024 Blazer EV SS will have AWD and produce up to 557 horsepower and 648 lb.-ft. of torque. There’s new technology on the Blazer EV SS that is appropriately named.
WOW, or wide open watts, enables 0-60 sprints of under four seconds, according to the automaker.
We’d say WOW indeed to that.
Highlights of the 2024 Chevy Blazer EV include:
• 11.5 kW level 2 (AC) charging and standard DC public fast-charging capability of up to 190 kW, depending on the model, which enables approximately 78 miles of range to be added in 10 minutes, per GM estimates
• Large, intuitive 17.7-inch-diagonal customizable infotainment touchscreen
• Full LED exterior lighting, with choreographed walk-up/walk-away animation on RS and SS models
• Beautiful, spacious and sustainably crafted cabin made with soft-touch materials
• Available Super Cruise5 hands-free driving technology for compatible roads
• Advanced safety features intended to inspire confidence, including Reverse Automatic Braking6 and Advanced Park Assist
The 2024 Chevrolet Blazer EV 2LT and RS go on sale in summer 2023, priced starting around $47,595 and $51,995, respectively. The SS follows later in 2023, priced starting around $65,995, followed by the 1LT and the PPV fleet model in Q1 2024. The 1LT will be priced starting around $44,995. Additional details and ordering information will be available closer to the start of production. Reservations available now at www.chevrolet.com.